We are able to supply turn-key customized atypical solutions for the industry. We are focused on using modern technologies; e.g. 3D, augmented, virtual reality and image recognition. These are suitable wherever a standard controlling system is not applicable. For our solutions we have capacities for design and realization of IT infrastructure used by projects.
Remote control of a gantry crane in a low visibility environment
- Anthracite warehouse
- Two gantry cranes
- The gantry crane is also used for unloading railway wagons.
- Operator sitting in the cabin on the crane in the hall.
- Partial automation, but not for unloading wagons.
- Extremely high concentration of anthracite dust particles in the air causes:
- very low visibility (1-3m),
- serious health risk for the crane operator,
- prevents usage of cameras for a typical remote control.
- Impossibility of reconstruction of the space into a new, modern, dust-free warehouse.
- A set of ultrasonic sensors for spot position measurement of anthracite surfaces.
- 3D virtual space dynamically updated with the real sensor data.
- Remote control using 3D display outside the warehouse.
- Accuracy allows unloading of railway wagons
- Full automation a later possibility.
Measurement of molten metal level in the furnace using image recognition
- A hall with a number of metallurgical furnaces, where it is necessary to measure the height of the molten metal.
- Daily level measurements using:
- metal rod submerged into the molten metal in the furnace,
- optical difference between two heated parts distinguished by the designated worker,
- using a classical metal meter.
- Measurement inaccuracy due to a human error.
- Measurement differences caused by the different workers and a subjective evaluation.
- Increased safety risk for the worker
- Strong electromagnetic fields cause malfunctioning of complex electronical devices.
- Automated optical measurement of the measuring rod.
- Two stages:
- Handheld optical meter
- measures the level with a manually inserted measuring rod,
- the meter utilizes image recognition techniques to distinguished between levels of molten metal,
- results are sent through wifi to a central information system.
- Half-autonomous trolley:
- the measuring rod is inserted automatically by the robotic arm,
- evaluation runs in the same way as in the previous example.
- Handheld optical meter
Load swing damping for a gantry crane
- A hall with manually operated specialized gantry cranes.
- Staff working in the hall.
- Forklifts and other small vehicles moving in the hall.
- Moving the load in narrow spaces leads to a damage to both the load and/or to the environment.
- A crane with a load poses a safety risk to the working personnel and vehicles .
- Installation of multiple video cameras controlling the crane and working area.
- The cameras also control the load swinging.
- The image from the cameras is analyzed and based on that:
- adjusts the movement speed to reduce vibration,
- warns the operator in case of potential obstacles and threats,
- automatically stops in case of an imminent danger.
- Possibility to take full automatic control in confined spaces.
Augmented reality maintenance support
- Multiple industrial devices which need a periodic maintenance.
- A technical support staff with various levels of skill.
- Non-trivial maintenance and repair procedures.
- Maintenance and repair manuals are scarce and non-centralized.
- Number of experienced, senior staff significantly lower than junior staff.
- Centralization and categorization of all manuals into a singular software system.
- New video and text manuals created by the experienced stuff accessible on mobile devices (i.e. cellphones and tablets).
- Augmented reality manuals created by the expert technicians.
- Remote support using augmented reality:
- A technician in site shares the video feed from his mobile device
- Remote support can help by anotating the video with a set of markings (arrows, circles, text…) which are anchored to the real objects in the video and keep their relative positions even when the camera moves.
- The technician in site sees the anotatations in real time on his mobile device together with the image from the camera.
- A set of interactive step-by-step guides can be prepared with immediate recording of the process.